Daron, Melanie, Stephen, Kassie, and Kenny

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Good Daddy Daron

Some of life's most very special moments are the simplest: not the fancy trips or big performances, but just the quiet or playful happy moments. I LOVE watching Daron playing with our kids. It just reinforces daily how delighted I am that I made the best choice when I said YES to marrying Daron.
 
Here's Daron and Stephen doing "art class", painting their Lord of the Rings miniature figurines we bought in Scotland.  


And I came home from running to find the kids all flying these new paper airplanes... Daron was engineering them from the 'world's best paper airplanes' website.


I’m so glad that you’re my dad;
You’re one in a million, Pop!
When it comes to first-class fathers,
You’re the absolute cream of the crop.
I love you because you're my father,
But you're really so much more;
You're a guide and a companion;
You and I have great rapport.


You pay attention to me;
You listen to what I say.
You pass on words of wisdom,
Helping me along the way.


Whenever I'm in trouble,
You always have a plan.
You are the perfect father,
And I'm you're biggest fan!
 
(www.poemsource.com)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment