Daron, Melanie, Stephen, Kassie, and Kenny

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Equestrian Event

Not often do you get to walk outside your front door and experience something so unique and fun as we did today -- there was a huge equestrian competition right in Kassie's horse-riding center! It was raining, so we grabbed our umbrellas and walked over to it.  Kenny of course had to try the ice-cream (with his own money)...




Putting the kids to bed tonight, I was reading them our new bedtime storybook 'King of the Wind: The Story of the Godolphin Arabian' (a Newberry Medal book from Stephen's homeschooling stack). We were talking about how fun this is to have all these diverse, interesting books to read together, and Stephen sat up and said, "I have read many books that are outstanding, in my perspective." It was just one of those little moments where I sat there thinking - when did you learn to talk like that? You were just 2-years-old a few years ago! I remember when he said silly little things like (quotes from my journal) "Jesus comes out of my brain, and into my arm, and into this thing so I can peel my apple" or "Heaven is in the dirt, because my turtle died, and he's in the dirt, and went to heaven." I'm so glad I have kids - they're so fun and they just keep us young. And I just really like them a lot. 8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment