Daron, Melanie, Stephen, Kassie, and Kenny

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer swimming...

A friend invited us to use their pool today...






I have always been so impressed with the way my brother-in-law Christopher expresses himself. He's in Vietnam now completing course work for his MBA, and his family email update was so thought-provoking:

This is the most untouched place I have ever been.  It brought to my mind all of the quotes and sayings that teach us that God can be heard only in silence.  Our world (the American world) is so loud compared to what I experienced here.  It is not that God is “more” here than anywhere else.  It is just that I could hear him more easily.

What a great goal to strive for - the ability to feel God's presence amidst the noise. One of my favorite quotes is "beware of the barrenness of a busy life." I believe it becomes barren because we lose the ability to hear God in our crazy schedules. Great thoughts, Christopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment