Daron, Melanie, Stephen, Kassie, and Kenny

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Things I'm happy about today

*   HAPPY that my kids love their daddy


HAPPY that Stephen enjoyed throwing snowballs at me in the kitchen window today


*   HAPPY that even though I tripped and konked both my knees last week while running up some stairs, I didn't break or fracture anything, and the doctor prescribed me this super-cool, STYLIN' $400 Swiss knee brace that I get to wear for 10 days (the all-black attire kind of helps it blend in...) 8-)


*  HAPPY that the boys got to build a 'bonhomme de neige' (snowman) today while Daron and I watched from the balcony


*  HAPPY that Kassie ROCKS at singing in French


*  HAPPY that January is a month for snuggling up with cups of hot chocolate and bowls of popcorn and reading books under piles of quilts.  Steevie and I are relishing some precious homeschooling time reading Les Miserables together outloud. I got pretty emotional a few days ago, reading the part where Fantine is so sick, and on her deathbed, she begs Jean Valjean to see her daughter. It made me think about my cute Grandma Lilly who I never knew, but have heard so many amazing stories about. She was also sick at the end of her life, and I just wish I could have been there to know her and help comfort her. I wish my mom could have had her mom around when she was raising kids... I simply cannot imagine not having my mom just a phone call away at this time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment