Daron, Melanie, Stephen, Kassie, and Kenny

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Savannah is Annie!

What incredible news... our one and only neice Savannah gets to play 'ANNIE' in her community theatre show! Way to go, Savannah ~ you'll be amazing!

For our morning 'happy inspiring thought' we like to discuss at breakfast, we re-read Aunt Breanna's Ensign article (published in Feb) called "Learning to be Content." What a great reminder about how blessed we all are to have what we have, and to appreciate all that God has given us. I kept thinking about it all morning, and after I got the kids off to school and did my morning run, I came home and did a nice long deep house cleaning... (the kind of cleaning that usually goes unnoticed unless it's done)... fingerprints on the windows... little stains on the couch... it was fun to make the floors shiny and smell lemony fresh.  I am definitely happy with what we have here. More and more, I love having us all live in this 'smaller' area -- not just because it's quick and easy to clean, but because I notice that we just play a lot together. It'll be interesting to see what we end up getting when we move back to Texas.

(Kids at breakfast reading Breanna's article we keep on the wall...)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Gosh! I'm so flattered. I can't believe I made wall status. You guys are so amazing. YOUR experiences are such an inspiration to ME. Love you lots

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, thanks mel, i feel so cool that i'm up there! love u all!

    ReplyDelete