Daron, Melanie, Stephen, Kassie, and Kenny

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Months of Surgeries... Nov - Dec!

As 2019 draws to a close, we recognize our blessings from having a missionary out in the form of successful procedures... for we certainly had MANY of them!! Mel's 1st knee replacement in Oct, then Mom's knee replacement, then Daron's sleep study, Mel's sleep study, Mel's 2nd knee replacement, then Daron's ACL repair surgery!! So much fun!! And fun Thanksgiving/Bday/Christmas activities sprinkled throughout ~ Sterl heading into the Army, & Steevie doing great in Guatemala!


 









 

Family Christmas at Mom's!



 





Love seminary!


 

Darling Kenny singing in his choir concert.

 

Feeding Homeless at George R. Brown Convention Center, 2 sleep studies, and 23rd Anniversary!


 

 

 
 
 



Daron's a great nurse ~ 2nd knee replacement 3 months after the 1st!

 


Sweet tender mercy when Mel sang at the Relief Society Christmas Dinner. They asked me to sing/play the song Joseph. I had talked out loud to my dad in the car on the way there, asking that he come and sit down next to me on the piano bench while I was singing, I miss him so much at the holidays and he was always our biggest fan when we performed. And after I sang, Nicole Skidmore turned to me with tears in her eyes which surprised me because she does not get emotional often, and she said Melanie I had the strongest vision of your father sitting right there on the piano bench next to you! And I hadn’t even told her what I had prayed for!




1 comment:

  1. That chocolate cake in the first picture... amazing! But nothing is as sweet as that story about your dad. I'm glad you wrote it down.

    ReplyDelete