Daron, Melanie, Stephen, Kassie, and Kenny

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Perspective


I was checking out of Walmart last week.  Suddenly from the line behind me, a woman who was larger than me, and sitting in a motorized wheelchair, said kindly, "You're lucky you're thin." I was completely taken back; I had literally JUST been standing there thinking about how much bigger I was than the lady in front of ME, and how I shouldn't have skimped on my workout that morning.  It made me think about how easy it is to forget all the blessings we have, as we rush around wishing we had more (or less, in this case!) of this or that.  I thought of it today again, as I watched little Kenny happily run around the Children's Museum with his cousins and friends... I'm so glad I pulled him out of school to go make that fun memory. Especially when he said tonight, going to bed - "Mom, that was the most fun place in the whole world!!" So grateful he's so easy to please. 8-)
 
 

My favorite ~ chicken fighting with Sterl. I totally won.
 


 



Here's Steevie, about to watch World War Z with his grandparents and Great Aunt Margaret, after convincing them it was about a mass sociological pandemic (rather than zombies)... luckily they were sucked in and loved it!
 


Kenny, bringing treats to Grandpa as he swims laps in our pool
 

No comments:

Post a Comment