Daron, Melanie, Stephen, Kassie, and Kenny

Friday, November 6, 2020

Hairs surprise us and we play together in Florida at Universal/Harry Potterworld!

Eight years ago I had no idea what Forever Friends would walk into our family’s lives and change us all for the better. Shannon & Jared reminded us this weekend why we are so lucky to have them as “our people”. They celebrated their anniversary by surprising us and flying to Florida to play with us at Universal for the weekend... What a blessing to know that God is in the details when He brings us all together ~ Shannon has become another daughter to my parents, a second mom to my kids, and a sister to my siblings and me. (My mom even named me Shannon first when I was born, then changed my name to Melanie!!) This woman has shown up at hospitals all over town for every family surgery, has taught me the only true way to clean a toilet, never misses a trick or treating or voting party, and makes us all laugh til we cry tears. God bless those special friends that remember everything about you, are there for all the happy and sad experiences, and who make you want to be better. The Hairs are proof that some friendships started long ago in heaven!!







 







And NO happier words to hear from Stephen’s email... “The only woman in my life right now is my mama" ~ highlight of my life!!

  
He's starting to get cold in Boston... missing warmer Guatemala for sure! But keeps doing good things, reading everything we send him, & posting awesome Facebook posts. Here's a funny poem he wrote ~
"I've come to see it's cold outside
My inner Elder Chalk says "It's time to hide"
I love the warmth, I love the sun
But if I see snow, then home I'll run
I guess I'll have to stay and see
If Boston will have mercy on me
I promise I'm not a sour pickle
But if it gets much colder, imma be a Chalksickle"





No comments:

Post a Comment