Daron, Melanie, Stephen, Kassie, and Kenny

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanksgiving at Surfside 2017

This was a different year for us at the beach. Missing Dad so much -- the 6 month mark and his 75th birthday. Remembering last year's Big Kahuna ~ so glad we made that happen with EVERYONE. Happy that the Hairs came, and Steff and Sterl's families could also join for a few days -- missed the Laws. Missed Dad, but talked about him and felt him there. Kas wrote this sweet message about this pic of Mom: This picture makes me pause ... for 15 years we have pictures of my mom and my dad sitting together in their chairs enjoying grandkids and the ocean. This year, it’s just my mom. Her strength and grace during this difficult transition is inspiring. 

 



The shopping... 2 carts and hundreds of $$ later, we're on our way!









Winner sandfight video!



 






 



 




 

 












 













And Mom plays cards... "I hate this game. Here are my 2 tens, I'm bluffing." Hilarious!




So fun to see the Chalks for Thanksgiving this year too!









No comments:

Post a Comment