Daron, Melanie, Stephen, Kassie, and Kenny

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Birthdays, Sundays, and days in between...

So fun to be 41! From the kids bringing me breakfast in bed (that pic won't be going on the blog), to the cute gifts that thoughtful people unexpectedly dropped off, to family dinner with my best friends... it was great fun from start to finish!





 
Going to a post-baby check-up with Steff downtown... a necessary stop at Star Pizza and 59 Diner...

 
Kenny loves his new red/white/blue glasses! I cried in the doctor's office when he couldn't read the numbers and letters - it was like a flashback to 32 years ago when mom cried in the office when I couldn't read the big huge E. Now we all 5 wear glasses or contacts... crazy. 

 
Stephen advances to First class -- about 1.5 years left to Eagle!

 
TP-ing the Bishop's home at midnight with Emily, my Laurel advisor...
 
 
YW Spa night


Me forcing Stephen to pose by my breath-taking hollyhock plants...
 

 
Hosting lovely little Kerrigan on one of her first outings to our home -

 
Daron made me proud today, participating in my YW lesson on prophets. He jovially donned the Joseph robe and entertained the girls with his stories... good times. At least the girls will always remember me for the laughs and treats. 8-)


Food for thought:
- Kassie, on the way to school: "If I could be anything, I would be a world waitress, and serve everyone." Random, but sweet.
- Kenny, one morning after I thanked him for helping me set the table: "You're welcome mom. And when I have my birthday cake, I'll let everyone put their finger in the middle to taste it first."  I won't want to eat that cake afterwards.
- Stephen was excited to take goodies to his quorum today; he brought them snickers bars that said "we'll have lots of snickers together; I'm excited to be your new Deacons President!" They were all very, very happy. 8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment