Daron, Melanie, Stephen, Kassie, and Kenny

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cleaning up the "Schmutz"

My maiden name, Schmutz, in German means "dirt, mud, filth, grime, squalor." Isn't that just awesome?? So when I went to buy 20 of these "Mr. Magic Cleaner" scrubbies, (for the low low price of $100), I felt like I was supporting my family legacy ~ they're called "Schmutzradierer", or "Eraser." Ahhh, the pride. 8-)
Here's the stack, halfway used up, by 5am -- I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't sleep, so I got going! These scrubbies are the only thing that get the dirt marks off the white walls without removing the paint, but because the cement walls are so textured, they get used up fast.

Thanks to my cute friend Abir and her generous 2 hours of work, all our windows are sparkly shiney! (Hello to my hair - WINGS, step aside!)



Kenny's enjoying being an only child this week...

1 comment:

  1. Mel I do not know where you get the energy from, not only to do all that work but to take photos and post on your blog!
    You should be back safe and sound now in the Lone Star State, hope your trip went smoothly, still missing you guys....
    Hugs to everyone Muireann & Elaine

    ReplyDelete